D.I.Y. Checklist (non punk content)

| 2/3/09
I have a few projects that I want to tackle the next few months around the house. I'm not the most handy or the most crafty person on the face of the planet, so they'll be exciting things to try my hand in!.

1. I NEED TO STAIN A DRESSER

Photobucket

That dresser to be specific, it's in my room. I found it somewhere but can't remember where. I just want to even out the tone a bit, plus I think it would be fun. Maybe something kind of reddishy. I'm also going to line the drawers. Some kind of damask pattern maybe, or get real folky and do like a paisley pattern. LOL.

2. I ALSO NEED TO STAIN A SIDETABLE.

I don't have a picture of it, it's on wheels, I want it to compliment but not match the dresser.

3. BUILD BOOKSHELVES

For the wall in my room between the closet and entrance. Each compartment big enough to hold records. I think nine compartments in total, three high by three wide. They would look very nice and help with my DRASTIC STORAGE PROBLEMS. All my stuff will look great. I'm so great.

4. MAKE SOME THROW PILLOWS

I'm going to need a sewing machine. These pillows will be of varying sizes and colors and patterns.

5. FIX UP MY FUCKING KITCHEN.

Build a shelf above the sink. Get the spice rack/stereo/bookshelf area organized and fixed. Create some more storage space. This is lofty and may not get done.

6. SEW A BLACK FLAG PATCH ON MY JEANS.

This will make up for all the not punk things above.


***BONUS LEVEL***

Strip and refinish the floor in my bedroom. This is a huge investment of time and money. But oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

If I get even one of these things done I'll be very very happy.

-Andrew

No comments:

Like A Book

Twitter