Articles of Faith

| 12/23/07
***DISCLAIMER, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ANY RELIGION WHATSOEVER***

On my way home from work today, I got stopped on the street by Mormons. The two of them asked me lots of questions about the meaning of life and my personal beliefs on God and creation and stuff like that. These are things that I've spent the last four or five years not really caring about. I've always had a deeply personal idea of what God means, and I've always been aware of the place that God has in my life. Conceptually I am comforted by the idea that something exists that is greater than me. I like the idea of faith. The main point of contention between these young men and myself was without a doubt "proof" of God existing. I don't think that any one person or group of people should say whether or not God definitely exists. Faith in something that is logically impossible is really the most important part of any spiritual belief, and shouldn't face jurisdiction from any kind of anecdotal evidence.

I hate Christmas break.

Last night I came to realize something that I've sort of forgotten about over the last nine or so months. I think this marks an important step in my life where I've gotten over romanticizing ideas in my head. I'm glad I'm back.

-Andrew


(This was a shitty entry)

FOLLOW-UP

It is now 7:11 on Christmas Eve, I've decided that to further my search for something I will go to Church of my own accord tonight for the first time probably ever.

Will blog with findings.

-A

No comments:

Like A Book

Twitter