Just to round out the evening.

| 12/16/07
I've been feeling really linguistically inspired lately, I'm trying to get some sort of solo act put together. I really feel like I don't have a firm enough grasp on music as a language though, wish is something I'd definitely like to improve on. I kinda think I'm a pretty ok writer, and a lot of that has to do with my understanding of English as a language, so by the same merit, I feel like I'd be able to write music really well if I had even the slightest idea as to how it works. I'm fully aware that there is no real science or methodology to writing music, that's foolish to believe, but there is a logic behind it that I'm just not in tune with.

I'm not sure if that's entirely a bad thing though. It's almost like a possess a primal innocence, like a baby learning to speak.

When am I gonna get over this shit?

-Andrew

No comments:

Like A Book

Twitter